Sometimes people cut corners. Sometimes what seemed like a great deal wasn’t. Sometimes people just don’t know. Sometimes previous “do it youselfers” did it incorrectly.
The Electrical Code is meant to protect you, your family and/or your tenants/employees from life-safety issues, particularly fire.
- If you live in an older building chances are over the years renovations have been done and chances are you have Code violations.
- Some buildings have had some changes made by well-intentioned persons unfamiliar with Electrical Code and best practices thus resulting in Code violations.
- Let’s face it, some buildings haven’t been updated at all and they definitely have Code violations.
- The Electrical Code is updated regularly over the years and owners may not know that violations exist within their buildings. In other words, what was “ok” back then may be a violation now.
- The Electrical Codes are different for single-family homes, multi-unit buildings, commercial and industrial buildings.
You need a licensed electrician who knows how to interpret Electrical Code to come in and correct your violations.
Just because you have Code violations doesn’t mean we have to tear out walls or do major damage. We excel at finding ways to update your property in the least destructive and aesthetically pleasing ways.